In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beachmaster75

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hey Beachie, what is CMD and where do I look for them. Not much on mil rifle, except Swedes, but always like to look. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He dog....CMP is the Civilian Marksmanship Program; used to be called the DCM (Department of Civilian Marksmanship of the United States Army). Was turned into a non profit self sustaining organization during the Clinton era. It sponsors the National Rifle and Pistol Championships every year at Camp Perry. You can not beat the prices they offer because every rifle comes directly from the military. The small profit they do make supports the national matches. Of course they want you to become a competitive shooter so that's why they force you to shoot in at least one CMP high power match(even a local CMP club match counts) in order to order your rifle. You can contact them on the web at: www.odcmp.com Right now they have an incredible auction going on an 1903 Springfield sniper rifle that is virtually complete. When I checked it was already at $3000. But I'll bet that it will go for close to $5300 before the auction closes. They also have an M-1C with scope (no cheek piece) that is already at $4550...I'm betting that one will go for $6500 before the dust clears. Kind of fun to watch even when you don't have the money to play in that league. Beach
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1