In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maverick Arms mossberg need opinions

lordskulllordskull Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
First off iss the Maverick Arms like the cheep version?Am looking at the standard 6 shot assult 12 Guage. Shoudl I go for the ghost sights and can someone tell me what those are.also anyone see an advantage to the speedloader but stock.and lastly is mossberg a decent gun. Looking at 500/590 series.

Comments

• Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are as tuff as a horse shoe.Where I live on the Texas coast we hunt in a lot of salt marshes.two of my hunting partners and myself have been using them for over twelve years.NO PROBLEMS.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are ugly,crude,rough and work like a champ.Will do anything the high dollar guns do.Probably the best deal around on a pump gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They are ugly,crude,rough and work like a champ.Will do anything the high dollar guns do.Probably the best deal around on a pump gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks,I think I will go with a persuader 12/18.5 6 shot deal.Or I might go 9 shot 20" not sure. Have to hold one. And I love that crude ugly look. I don't like them fancy looking guns. This ones for people not birds so it should look scary not like fine furniture. I'm still looking for input on Choke, speed loader but stock "is it worth having" and what ells do I nee to look out for? I want a tactical light. Also what kind of sights should I use. this fiber optic ones look neat. Anyone use those. Or how about the ghost sight?I want something I can see in the dark.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have a Mossburg BullPup 9 shot. It works very well. If you persuade me I might sell it to you.Greg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what's a bullpup?I'm new to shotguns. And am no expert in gins period.I own a few, I shoot ok. I have a clot .380 Government Issue. A Rossi .38 Special and a beretta .25 Simi Auto.Tell me about this gun and how the transaction would take place.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A BullPup is a full length barrel, mine is 20 inches with the trigger and pistal grip in front of the chamber instead of behind it. The over all length of the shot gun is 30inches. It come with a fore pistal grip. You can see pictures in many places on the web. This is a pre ban shot gun. Yes it is a combat shot gun and was placed on the ban list. Go to gunsamerica dot com, go to custom search, type in bullpup and you will see what they look like.Greg[This message has been edited by gap1916 (edited 09-25-2001).][This message has been edited by gap1916 (edited 09-25-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can it be owned in california?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a pre ban shot gun so the answer is No.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tis ok,Just went and bought the 500 mariner 12/18.5/6345.00 NIB.Nice gun for the price for sure. Almost bought the mill spec 20" but the wife will like the smaller one, and hopefully I won't be shooting this thing that much. I guess stocks are getting low as I got the last one, and the other models he only had a few each left.and the store was packed full of people looking at guns.[This message has been edited by lordskull (edited 09-25-2001).]