In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Single Six XR3

rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I just got a Ruger Single Six 3 Screw with the XR3 grip frame. It has the black grips, fixed sights, and flat latch/gate. Serial Number is 13XXX What is the approx date of mfg? I would say it's about an 80% condtion gun. No rust or pits, just fade spots and holster wear on the barrel. Should I enjoy it as a shooter? Or, should I get Ruger to restore the gun? I know if I send it to them it will come back with a transfer bar.Any opinions are appreciated.Roy

Comments

• Options
    wulfmanwulfman Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Roy, According to Ned Schwing in his Standard Catalog of Firearms,60,000 were made between 1953 and 1957. I have heard the factory will convert any old model they get their mitts on, so my OM .22mag is never going to fall into their evil clutches! Keep yours and shoot it just the way it is. Thad
  • Options
    legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1953=non serrated front sight, 54=serrated, 55=longer throw to the ejector rod ,56=larger button on the ejector rod. 1957 round loading gate. I myself would just enjoy it.
    Work'n like a dog all nite