In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

double action trigger on mossberg

lordskulllordskull Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
thoughts on this. Is it safer to have this?I notice this is some new feature. I'm thinking it might help prevent accidental discharge because trigger is harder to pull?Anyone use one of these before.

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    As Col. Cooper would say, "It is an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem."More accurately, it is an attempt to use gadgetry to overcome a lack of training.I would not have one as a gift.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with nunn completely. The correct way to prevent accidental discharge is keep your finger out of the trigger guard unless you are ready to shoot.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to disagree with nunn and the good Dr.Mossberg developed the double-action with law enforement in mind. Such people will have their fingers on the trigger and be ready to fire more often than your average firearm owner.Human reaction is such, that a momentary loss of balance will result in a reflex response of "tightening of the hand grip"--the double-action trigger will give a greater margin of safety than the single action. And with lawsuits as they are today, no PD want an accidental shooting (and most officiers don't want it either). Additionally, keeping in mind that "safety" is "redundency", a sharp jar to the Mossberg single-action, with the safety off, does create some risk of accidental discharge; the double-action does give a greater margin of safety here. That said, I have not fired a double-action trigger yet, so cannot give you any opinion on that end.Joe[This message has been edited by competentone (edited 09-25-2001).]
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Disagree with the Competeteone,They are hard as hell to fire.They are for the untrained and ignorant and the LAWYERS.