In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ammo id help

cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Sirs and Ma'ams,Although I usually read this forum for the political issues, i have a regular-old-firearm related question:I recently purchased 500 .32 ACP rounds from Ammunition Store. They were kind enough to send me 600! They didn't have any ballistic info on these rounds and I thought someone here may. They are.32 ACP FMJ flat nosecase head marked: 7.65 at 10'oclock position, 82 at 2 o'clock, and FNB at 6 o'clockBrass case, brass coated slug, with reddish sealant stripe.The neat little package of 25 rds is sealed with a strip of sticky plastic labeled: :"25 cart. 7,65mmLot 02 FNB 82 Ball pistol PL M76oxyless, non mercuric"So I am wondering is the 82 is the weight of the bullet (seems heavy for a 32)?Also, if anyone has any velocity testing on these- I'd take that info as well.Very sincerely,Carlcnvpileri@outdrs.net

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FNB is the factory code for Fabrique National d'Armes de Guerre, Herstal, Belgium, commonly called FN. 82 would indicate manufacture in 1982. Non-mercuric would not necessarily mean non-corrosive, so you'll want to disassemble your pistol and clean the barrel with hot soapy water after shooting.
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    The FN is Fabrique Nationale. The B indicates ball ammunition.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FN had stopped making corrosive ammo long before 1982, but there was still corrosive ammo being made elsewhere in the world into the 1990's. I've had some of the same FN made .32 acp ammo. It shot very well.