In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much is my gun worth?

LonewoldEDJLonewoldEDJ Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a Glock 23 (with a LaserMax internal sight) in March of this year. I have been to the ranger 4 times, shot about 350 rounds in total. How much can I expect to get for this gun?

Comments

• Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Do you have any pre ban mags ie 13rd or only 10rd? This will alter the price for your Glock 23.
  • Options
    LonewoldEDJLonewoldEDJ Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    My best guess not seing the Glock is about 450.00.
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the pistol itself is worth $400-$450; the Lasermax costs about $300 new. 350 rounds fired qualifies as "low mileage", so your rig would probably sell for $600 as set up.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only problem I can see with trying to get $600 out of your gun is finding a buyer who wants to pay that much all at once for a $400 gun. Usually a laser isnt seen as necessary but bought on inpulse to "dress it up". Glocks dont seem to hold their re-sale very well as the market is flooded with them, and lasers dont hold their value either ... my guess is that you'll be lucky to get $500 for it as currently setup. You may be money ahead to sell the LaserMax seperate (if you still have the original box) from the gun as it will fit several other Glock models and may be able to get 200-225 from someone that already owns a Glock and wants to dress it up ...
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Kimberkid. The value of the whole is less than the sum of the parts.I had a Glock w/ lasersights on sale on consignment for quite awhile and the prices being offered were barely above that of the gun alone.