In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

factory folder question

burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
fellas,i picked up a pre-ban mini-14. it's a 180 series 200th year model. i have been thinking of putting a pre-ban factory folder on it. i have caught wind of some conversion problems with the 180 series. anybody heard of this? thanks alot.>bob

Comments

• Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 180 series receivers are completely different than the 181 to date receivers. I have seen people take the later stock and modify it to fit the 180. It looked kind of rough, but functional. I don't think it would fit the 181 and higher series after the modifications, so it could be a one way trip. If it doesn't work you can't turn around and use it on a later model without some serious work putting it back to original. It is at least possible, but I'm not sure I'd call it practical.
  • Options
    burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IRARMSX,thanks for the info. i think i'll keep this little '200th yr." model just the way it is. too much hassle and expense for a possible one way ticket. i've had a couple of factory folders over the years and either sold or traded them, dang it!>bob