In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what is my 3rd generation glock worth

1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
What is the average rate for a one year old 3rd generation glock 22 with meprolight night sights with about 500 rounds through it and one 10 round magazine?

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking $375 ... maybe $400 if its real nice. A brand new one is about $460 retail. Night sights don't really add anything as it has to have some type of sights to begin with, and a lot of people don't consider them of much value when buying a used gun (personal experience). You didn't say if you had the Tupperware box, Factory papers, loader, cleaning rod they all come with new (and usually 2 mags) ... this would add some value to it and would make me lean closer to the $400 mark ... much more than that and I'd go for a new one.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to talk about this "retail" thing. There is a difference between what you can find some dealer whoring one out for, and retail. Actual factory retail is over $600 for that model of Glock, but yes you can find one if you look around for a lot less. At $460 that isn't even 10% above wholesale cost. It is true with everyone having access to wholesale pricing, all of our guns aren't worth what they once were, used. Soon if everyone keeps thinking they should buy at wholesale, guns will begin to be worth as much (or as little) as a used car. Guns used to hold their value much better before everyone thought that it was their God given right to buy it at wholesale. I had a guy tell me once that he wouldn't give more than $100 for a used Reminton 870 Express. His reasoning was that he could buy one new for right around $200 from Walmart, so a used one wouldn't be worth more than $100. (For those of you that didn't know an 870 Express has a retail of over $300.) Since the department stores constantly put them on sale or sell them at dealer cost, everyone thinks that that is what they are supposed to sell for. And of course that means a used one is almost worthless, or so some would have you believe.If well cared for a used Glock should be worth $425-450 to someone in the public sector. A dealer would pay less with the expectation of selling it in that range himself. This will of course vary slightly from region to region.
  • Options
    HK CoolHK Cool Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    lrarmsxYou are absolutly right, however there is a Glock 22 NIB up for auction right now for $469, has everything and 2 mags, with no reserve--been on the block for 7 days--no bids!Several others for $489-$499 with no bids either. Another for $445, 1 bid, Reserve Not Met--Its only worth what someone will pay.
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Each dealer can set their own prices. I've seen plenty of Glocks sell for $469 plus tax or $569 plus tax. Typical 'retail' or showroom is the $569. Gunshows always have at least one or two dealers who sell them for $469.Used? I know some people who will refuse to pay anymore than $350 for a used Glock because of the police trade in deals they can get. I think a fair used price is around $400 depending if the seller really want's to sell it. I had a Glock 26 out on a friends table with two mags and adj sights for $450; I had a few lookers, and a couple of bites for around $425. What's funny is that some people think that $425 is way out of line. As an individual, I do not charge tax. Some think that they are getting a better deal from a dealer who has it at $400 or $410; they seem to forget that they have to pay tax (at least in Texas) on the gun. I came across a site that sells most of the Glocks for $459. But, you have to add shipping, insurance and transfer fees that will put you right in the $500 range. Kinda like the 'great' deal on S&W Model 10's at some of the wholesale dealers for $85, you add the shipping, insurance and transfer fees, that good deal becomes a $150 gun that's really a $100 gun.To answer your question, I think your gun is worth no less than $400.
  • Options
    1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This was my personal duty weapon and I kept it in tip top shape. Also I want know all of my equipment is top shape if or when I need it. I wiped it down once a week to get any lint off and detailed cleaned it once a month after every firing session. I think I am going to sell it and leave a little room for bartering versus trading it. I have the box, manual, loader, and cable lock. I wish I had a camera so I could have posted a pic to get a good value of it. I am looking to use it as part of a new rifle purchase for deer season. Thanks for all the input. [This message has been edited by 1blitzer (edited 09-27-2001).]
  • Options
    compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep the Glock. Save your money and then buy the new hunting rifle. I stopped trading in my lesser used guns and just kept counting the pennies till I had the new one(s) that I wanted. Everyone out there has priorities on where to spend your cash (remember when you saved your lunch money, to buy something other than lunch at school). How bady do you want the item, will reflect how you save for it.