In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 17 or Beretta 92F

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Should I buy a Glock 17, or a Beretta 92f?which one would you say is better?

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally do not find Glocks comfortable, and do not like the trigger safety. But both are undeniably well made and each is highly regarded by its'proponents. Best plan is to handle and shoot each and select the one that is most comfortable and most natural to handle for you.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Albatross, I changed my sidearm from an HK (which has a balance just like a Glock) to a Beretta 92fs about three years ago, without even trying to shoot the damn thing. Worst mistake I ever made. It took me several months to get comfortable with the 92. You have to be certain that the 92 not only feels good on your palm but you can handle it in real time motion. Mind you, the balance is quite the opposite of the Glock or Sig.Glocks are very sturdy and would seldom malfunction ,however, they are also not as accurate as the Beretta. Beretta on the other hand shoots better but is really sensitive to accumulated grit and dirt in its mechanism which would cause a malfunction much earlier when compared to a Glock.Both these firearms would perform excellently; given that you are well adapted to its handicaps. Personally...if reliability is in your priority list, where it might get abused...get a Glock, otherwise if you are going to take this to the range and clean it after every use...Beretta will serve you better. Be aware that Glock recently changed their grip design once again and a lot of people including myself prefers the older style with no fingergrooves and thumbrest.Check the other post regarding these two firearms, you might find something helpful there.-Smooth
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 17 or Beretta 92F? ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Ross C. McDonellRoss C. McDonell Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Beretta guy's will hate me for this but.Don't spend your hard earned money on one of those. I am stuck with one for my duty gun and would trade it for a glock in less than a second. Typically when I take a group to the range we will break at least one gun. Nine times out of 10 it is the locking block sometime around 5000 rounds they start to fail. Now I am sure this could be avoided with regular spring change etc. But it is a weakness and if you are going to spend the money on just one gun and it is not a 1911 make it a Glock.Gunner
  • Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a Glock on duty and own several. I would not want to carry anything else for a duty sidearm. Compare both. You will never be sorry if you get the Glock. IMHO.
  • Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beretta anyday.....glocks are too light and the grip is at too much of an angle for my hands....plus....i like STEEL
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Since the Beretta failed the military testing that the Glock passed when they were selecting the replacrment for the 1911, I'd say Glock. The reason the Beretta was selected was the Lire had been so badly devalued at the time that the projected contract price was about $170 american.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Both are top notch. What fits you best? Hold each seperatly and aim at a target. Close your eyes and count to 5. Open your eyes. Which of the two is on target? Intersting test.