In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster

buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
How good or bad are Bushmaster rifles?I dont know if its called an AR15, but thats what it looks like. Price is 845 bucks and its new.Fair price?What twist is the rifling?Heavy or light bullets ? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine is trying to get rid of his bushmaster AR15. 20 inch barrel. 200 rds fired through it. Perfect condition. H-bar. No flash hider, just barrel with nothing on the end. Gun is in great condition, still have box and all papers. Only about 9 months old. He wants me to make an offer. He is selling it to buy a shorty since ban is over. What do you experts think should be my offer. I already have a shorty and would buy this gun for no particular reason.

french people don't speak german, Thank my dad for that!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    whats the difference between the E2 and E2s?? I can't seem to find a difference. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what is the difference between a Bushmaster M4 and XM15-E2S?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S. I really don't know much about the rifle. What is worth? Only 50 rounds have been fired, it's camoed w/ a heavy barrel (like a sendero) and a detachable handle. Is this a good model? Also, what are they talking about when they say A3 or A4.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would appreciate opinions on the Bushmaster A3 Shorty or other models. Will military mags fit this rifle? Durability? How does it perform compared to a Mini 14? Is it a shooter or does it just look mean? Thanks. Plains Scout
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if a dpms upper will fit on a Bushmaster lower. Also need to know if the DPMS uppers are good. Or should i go with a differnt upper. Any information or experience would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bushmasters are nice.1/9 twistIs it pre or post ban?May be a little high but I am cheap since my stroke.cpermd
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two (post ban). 20" and the 16" shorty. Both are great. 1-9 twist. So far they have been very reliable and very accurate. For me personally I like the 16" shorty the best of the two. As was stated earlier 845.00 sounds a bit high. Check www.aimsurplus.com. They are selling them for 719.00. And I think if you look around you can find them cheaper than that. You will not be sorry buying one.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't see anyone say anything answering your "heavy or light" bullets question other than the twist rate, and just incase you don't know.A 1/9" twist means 1 complete rotation every 9 inches which is a rapid twist rate for heavier bullets. I have x3 .223rem rifles various barrel lengths that have this twist rate. My 24" love Black Hills .68gr bthp, and Federal Gold Medal .69gr bthp. But my 16" likes 62gr SS109 surplus ammo alot for some reason... And my mini14 favors winchester 64gr Power Points.I haven't exeperimented to much with the 75gr .224cal bullets yet, I hear that you need a 1in7" twist for that. Anyone ever tried them in a 1in9"???