In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Problem

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I need some help on a firearm that failed, figured some of you may have dealt with this before. I have a Browning A-500r that was NIB until last week. Customer took it out, on the 5th shot(factory lead #6shot), the weld that holds the barrel to the recoil lug failed, and blew the barrel halfway back into the receiver destroying it. Needless to say the shotguns now DOA.
NOW the problem. Called Browning and there responce was basically "to bad so sad". They no longer deal with the A-500's and want nothing to do with it, even though its clearly a factory problem. Any ideas on how/who to aproach with this?
Thanks all,
Kolt

www.acebuyers.com

Comments

• Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    New Browning Hi-Power mis-fired 10% of the time.They said to send it for repairs and they would re-imburse me for shipping and insurance.I sent both clip's in thinking that may be a problem,because it is desinged to not fire without a clip in place.Well they sent it back with only 1 clip.They said I only sent 1.5 Phone calls did no good. They claim I only sent 1.Three times I sent a copy of my receipt of shipping and insurance.After a year; no clip no reimbursement no more Browning merchandise for me.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, just think, its probably sitting in a storage room right now, and nobody knows where it came from or who it goes to...
  • Options
    TBIGGTBIGG Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That really sucks. I love Brownings and this dont sound like them. Maybe you have been to nice. the squeaky wheel gets the greese. Go to the top and dont be nice. You would think they would just send you another one to pacify you retain you as a valued customer.
  • Options
    legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with dano 100% . I broke a crossbow sight one time 3days before season had a (2) new ones two days later.Don't throw the towel in yet I wouldn't turn loose of any of my Brownings, (a steelworker in good standing local #13)
    Work'n like a dog all nite[This message has been edited by legn4 (edited 09-26-2001).]
  • Options
    redwoodredwood Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too would go to the top, be firm, but polite. The squeeky wheel gets the grease but the pheasant would not be shot except for it's noise... I've always had excellent relations with browning. You're probabbly dealing with some mid - level employee who can't "think outside the box" and doesn't realize they will potenially loose thousands in sales to you over the next few years over a $30 or $40 dollar clip...
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, you shouldn't hate browning for some shipping guy's mess up. Go over his head... I find thats the only thing that works with the manager of my apartment complex, I just go right over her head to the owners... Works evertime.