In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus "spelling"

lordskulllordskull Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Anyway,I know these are not top o the line, but I am not loaded with money.My wife has a Rossi that needs some work so I wanted to replace it with another shorter revolver.PS getting my mossberg mariner 18.5 12 Ga. on the 6th of next month.Can't wait for that. It was the last one in the store. Lot's of people are buying guns.!!!!Some of the those looked pretty good for the $$$What say you experts. we are talking revolvers, probably 357 so we can target with 38 wads.

Comments

• Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    You're right, they are not top of the line, but they are "good" guns. The old ones were not even "fair" in quality, but I wouldn't pass on one if I needed some personal protection and didn't have a lot to spend on it.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the money they are good guns. I have taken a liking to an air weight 22mag 8 shot revolver that they make. It might be my next gun!
  • Options
    just-shootjust-shoot Member Posts: 233
    edited November -1
    Their warrenty follows the gun should you ever sell it. I have two, the copy of the Barretta 92 - Excellent gun, shoot anythink I feed it, and the 8 shot 22 mag. It shoot well but had to have the trigger lightend to about 7-8 lb, orginally 12-13 lbs. (the pistol was for my daughter, about 10 yrs old at the time) One problem with it is the brass swell and its hard to eject the casing. I haven't found a solution yet other than to keep it clean and slighty oiled.