In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTK - sks info

rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased a Norinco sks-m and would like to know "what" it is. it has the 16" barrel, lug (no bayo), and it takes ak mags. I can't seem to find any one who knows anything about a Norinco series M rifle. any info would be appreciated. V

Comments

• Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What type of stock does it have? There were AK clip fed models available with the bayo lug before the 1989 assault weapons ban. The sporter models that came in during the 1990's had the Monte Carlo stock or this odd thumbhole stock. Does the lug actually have the hole in it to attach the bayo or is it a solid block with a spring loaded peice to apply pressure to the cleaning rod so it doesn't fall out? Additionally there was a company in Michigan that would convert your standard SKS to take AK mags years ago. Not many people had it done since they were charging around $100 for the conversion. With some more info I might be able to ID it for you.
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try this site. It is an all SKS site it's called The Unofficial On-line SKS Manual I've got it in my favorites but the address that comes up when I click on it doesn't work when I type it in the address bar. Anyway it shouldn't be hard for you to find.[This message has been edited by shane (edited 09-29-2001).]
  • Options
    WIN-COLTWIN-COLT Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RAMBO REBELSend me the info and picture's of the rifle. If I can help you I will.braves5286@earthlink.comWIN-COLT