In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High capacity magazine, can it be fixed?

daymandayman Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a high capacity magazine for an AK 47 that's in relatively good shape but it's missing the bottom piece that holds the spring in. Would it be possible to remove the bottom plate from a lower capacity and thus cheaper magazine to replace it?The magazine is 7.62mm and is approximately 18 to 20 inches long and bends about 135 degrees.

Comments

• just-shootjust-shoot Member Posts: 233
    edited November -1
    I believe their all the same bottom plate. Should work.[This message has been edited by just-shoot (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, all standard, double stack AK mags have the same bottom plate. They are similar enough to use interchangeably anyway. From one country to the next, they may change slightly, but they should be swap-able.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, when I owned my Para-Ordnance P-13 I was able to find spare parts to rebuild the entire magazines. It's legal as long as you don't create 2 magazines out of 1+spare parts.