In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WHICH GUN SHOULD I BUY?

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I KNOW IVE ASKED QUESTIONS LIKE THIS BEFORE BUT, WHICH GUN WOULD SAY IS MORE ACCURATE FOR FAR DISTANCES. THE H&K .45 TACTICAL, OR THE GLOCK 22?

Comments

• Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    easy to answer. steyr ssg 69. actually id think the h k since you have a lighter single action trigger pull, and actual rifling in the barrel instead of the polyginal rifling of the glock. then again, guess it depends what youre used to.
  • Options
    PhilPhil Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends somewhat on the hand holding the grip,also.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of variables involved in determining which of your two choices is more accurate. "On paper", the HK tactical would be a better choice (granted that you have considered the drawbacks in size). In the end, it will not be the company which makes the gun that would matter but rather your ability to outshoot your firearm. You may buy the HK and think its the best one investment you've ever done but you have also been trained on the Glock for years. Now, say a firefight breaks out...which firearm do you suppose would give you a beter leverage? "Far Distances" is also complicated if defined. A typical shootout occurs within 4-7yards of both parties. Now, 10 yards is considered far in some circumstances. But if you mean over 50ft and you are pretty * about the accuracy...Frankly (and I know Im going to catch flak for this one)...Get yourself a 1911 or a SIG or a Beretta. Dont get me wrong. I love HK's but for reliability, I would trust my safety on Glock. But there are other models and brands out there that might perform better for each specific situation.Dont be blindsided by the difference in price and appearance of whatever you decide to purchace. Rely on your senses...try them both out and you will find out which one will be better, not only on paper, but for you.-Smooth
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So would you say both guns accuracy are about the same, at about 50 yards.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO! On paper, the HK is supposedly more accurate...you have to understand that accuracy will come from the shooters compatibility with the firearm. Trust me, rent both the HK and the Glock and try them one after the other, only then will you see...blah blah blah... Besides, when you think about it, how would you know that the people resonding to your ads really know what theyre talking about? Someone can tell you anything you would like to hear.
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better just buy what you want, or you wont be happy. Make mine a sig 220. My brother can put all of his in a dinner plate at 50 yards with a S&W model 36 snub nose.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to find which one fits you better. Most guns are more accurate than the shooter is capable of being. From observation, after our IDPA shoots, we usually have some type of competition for fun. This is usually more geared for precise accuracy such as shooting at poker chips, etc. In my observations, the HK's and Colt 1911 based guns do better than the Glocks.
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most accurate will not be double action, all of the time. The most accurate shots at distance come with the single action. Get a gun that is double action first shot only. And adjustable sights don't hurt any. Good luck.