In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reliable scope for M1A in under $300 range?

ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I just brought a new M1A Standard, and though I'm going through with the purchase of the scope mount, rings and SA scope for the $99 deal, I have heard nothing but bad on the scope, so I will probably sell this, unused, to pay for the scope mount and rings.All recommendations for a sturdy scope for under $300 would be appreciated. Something with a wider lens for better light gathering in dawn/dusk shooting would be my preferred choice. Also, any brands other than SA to stay away from would be a help also.

Comments

• Options
    drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    I have a BSA Contender paid 140.00 held by Leupold QD rings 80.00 a pair on top of an A.R.M.S.mount(guess 125.00) thrown in by dealer I purchased my M1A from. So far over 3000 rounds and not one wimper from scope components. I remove the scope with the QD hardware for rifle cleaning and upon replacing it the sighting has held true.
  • Options
    fxdwg98fxdwg98 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read a lot of knocks on the SA scopes but I have one and like it a lot (3rd gen).
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tasco 10X SS from SWFA