In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Slide-frame fit

MagnumiteMagnumite Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hi all.I have been reading these posts for awhile now. Very interesting and informative.I have built a couple of my own pistols. I have done slide to frame fits and usually end up with .0015" to .0025" of dial indicator or feeler gauge measured movement between the slide and frame WITHOUT any other parts installed. Of course the barrel fit removes the rest of that movement. And these pistols shoot very very well. My question is...how does this compare to the "no movement between the slide and frame" one reads about in the magazines. I never had the opportunity to handle a Baer or comparable gun let alone strip it and check such the slide frame fit. I know it is not that overly important to have "no perceptible movement" but am curious as what a true match grade "super tech" slide fit is.Thanks for "listening".

Comments