In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1976 Browning Auto 5 Belgium 20 ga

jayhuntjayhunt Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I was just wondering what's this shotgun worth. I've never shot it once and I'm considering selling it. What should I expect to get for it?

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My I assume that you are the original owner, and that it did not belong to someone else fisrt?Secondly, it is a lightweight with the gold trigger, or the standard weight with the blued trigger?Does it have any rust spots on the receiver or barrel?These will help determine the value, which could go over $750-800.Whoops - forgot does it have a vent-rib barrel or a plain barrel?[This message has been edited by AdamsQuailHunter (edited 10-03-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I am the original owner and it has never been out of the box. It is a light 20 with the gold trigger and has the vent rib barrell.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Last assumption: I assume that is one of the Belgium Brownings made in 1976 as opposed to one of the Japanese Miroku that was also made in 1976.In the northern part of Florida where I am, it is quail/snipe country. 20 gauge brings a premium over 12 or 16 gauge. Vent-rib brings a premium over plain barrel. Beglium brings a premium over Japanese.Bottom line: Belgium - 20 gauge - light weight - new in box = $900 or better depending on the wood, HERE - I can't speak for other places.Japanese - 20 gauge - light weight - new in box = $750 or better again depending on the wood, HERE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a Belgium made gun and I appreciate your help. I had a guy at a gun store today here in Jacksonville, Fl say that cause it wasn't magnum that it's not worth that much. I knew he was giving me the shaft when he offered $325 and then offered 370 as I was walking out the door. Do you know anybody interested in this gun?? Again, I appreciate your help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just to let you know, it was taken out of the box for the first time here a few weeks ago. No scratches or dents in the wood. NO spots on the metal. Literally Brand new.
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact me via the link below. I have a couple of quick questions then we'll talk real money.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JayHunt:I will not step on a deal between you and AntiqueDr. He is honerable and will quote you a fair price.However, if the two of you can't come to terms, I will be in Jacksonville on Sunday at the Gem & Mineral show at the Shrine Temple near the University of North Florida. I would be interested if you and "DOC" can't come to terms.