In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does Ruger make a 10/22 w/thumbhole stock???

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
The last gunshow I went to I saw a Ruger 10/22, with a thumbhole stock for $1000. I thought the guy was nuts. Futher inspection, the stock had the Ruger emblem on it. I didn't get to ask the guy about it.Does anyone know if ruger makes custom 10/22's with factory thumbhole stocks?

Comments

• Options
    CawdorCawdor Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this it? Retail is $650; you should be able to find one for about $500.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lee, I hve been a 10/22 enthusiast for a short period of time but I do Remember seeing several factory thumbhole stocks on a target model about 5yrs ago(not so sure about this). They were light oak in color and "ruger" was carved on it. The price at the time was considerably higher than the regulat 10/22T. 1K for a thumbhole stock? youre right, he is insane! and so is the person who would buy that! Just a few months ago, I purchased my first 10/22, it was slightly used but came with a new 20" clerke and a new DCM stock(adj cheekrest, stock length). Thinking I got ripped since I paid $300 for it, this makes me feel better that there is someone else out there who did worse.Be safe,-Smooth
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cowdar-nope that wasn't it.smoothoperator- thanks for your info, don't worry about if you have gotten ripped, we all have at least once. Just have to learn from your mistakes.
  • Options
    oneminuteoneminute Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw one just like you described today. The tag read 1 of 2000 and the dealer was asking 499.00 for it. The dealer is Specialty Arms in LaVergne TN.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks one minute, I'm probably going to try information and get the phone number to that shop in about a week, if they still have it. I'm currently in the process of negotiating a deal on another gun this week. Just transfered jobs, more money, but I have to wait for my first paycheck. You know how that stuff goes.