In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1862 BRITISH ENSIGN TOWER .577 musket

woodstockazwoodstockaz Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a M1862 stamped british ensign tower with a crown stamped on the lock and am curious of it's value. And would appreciate any feedback.
PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES....

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Your Musket is not going to be worth as much as you hoped for....What with all the Troops returning from Afganistan bringing back all these muskets the Value is going to start going down a bunch....The ones that I've seen are in decent enough condition that I would'nt be afraid to shoot them....About the best You can expect from a knowledgeable Buyer is going to be around $500.00....My suggestion to You is to put what You have in the Closet and wait a few years....for prices to go back up to something close to last years prices...
    For those that don't know about these muskets....Several Warehouses have been found in Afganistan full of these Musket...From what I can ascertain the Count is in the 1000's......and being Antiques the Troops have been buying these Muskets, getting all the Paperwork and Clearances and are bringing them home....!

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff