In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

my winchester

nightstalkernightstalker Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a winchester model 12 12ga with a 30" full choke barrel, it has a 2 3/4" chamber and smooth stock with a round pump grip. from what i have read it is a takedown version that is about 75% in the looks catagory. the serial number is 8967xx. can anyone give me some info on it like date of manufacture, technical name, and approx value, i need it so i can add it to my homeowners policy.

thanks in advance
night

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY BOOK SAYS"1941 MFG AND 75% $175.00-$225.00 THIS IS WINCHESTER MODEL 12 FIELD GRADE.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I concur with duckhunter, late 41 on the year of manufacture. This is an interesting time frame, does your gun have the patten dates runing down the right side of the barrel? Sometime during the war they stopped that. The majority of Md 12s were 12ga 30in Full Choke. so you don't have anything rare here. As long as there is no rust or pits, and you are accurate at 75%, from what I've seen here at the auction site, you might get $250-275. because it covers all of the US and then some. Myself, I preferr the pre-war guns. as opposed to the post war guns. To find another 1941 gun in that condition, might be a little tough but it can be done. As far as your insurance company goes, tell them $325. Why, if it is stolen, and you find one in your state, to replace it, you have sales tax and transfer fees. If you buy one out of state, you have the cost of mailing it and transfer fees. Most homeowners policys have a general "sporting goods" coverage of $2500-5000. So unless you have a lot of guns with a rider policy, your standard policy should cover it. Ask your agent.
    If you need more info, email me. Regards Dave