In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fal or L1A1

bigantbigant Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I was going to buy a Cetme, but there has been to many negative comments about the Cetme. So I am going to get the Fal or L1A1. Does anyone have experiance with them. Also where can I get them from? What about the one's made by Century?

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a $499 FAL from these guys. They are the next best thing to DSA. http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/fal.htm

Read a write up on them over at:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=254201&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Century is crap.

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Most of the negative you will hear about the CETME clones is not about the rifle but rather the WECSOG approach that Century uses to assemble it. This is true of ALL Century guns and includes their fn/fal clones. Real hit or miss situation on a Century gun, but I will say that I have never heard of them not making a bad gun good. Its just a hassle shipping back and forth.

Most good quality fn/fal types will run you $750+. These will be made on either Imbel or DSA receivers and properly assembled with all the correct parts. Plenty around that are cheaper, but they are mostly Century guns made on their or Hesse receivers. As previously stated, you rolls the dice and takes your chances OR pay the Piper to start with. Good luck!!

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    bigantbigant Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey robs I sent an e:mail to them at ohiorapidfire and the cheapest price for their gun was $750 I would pay that but I dont want to over pay for something. If I could get the same thing much cheaper.
  • Options
    gunner8479gunner8479 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bigant! Try checking Wholesale Guns & Ammo Inc. at www.gunsnammo.com. I recall they had some L1A1 sporter models for around $300.00 or so. Oh yeah, good choice had to decide betwwen a Cetme & a L1A1. I went with the Imbel L1A1-great rifle-no regrets![8D]

gunner8479