In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

to kingjoey

vanhvanh Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
thanks for the input on the romanian .22. you said that you scoped yours, any major problems ? i dug around in one of my old wooden ammo box stashes and came up with a vintage tasco 4x32 that i thought i would put on the romanian, any tips ? thanks much.

gary stahl

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    You can get scope rings from Century. Mine was drilled and tapped for a Weaver mount so I use the regular rings. A 4x scope will do nicely but I found that the 3-9x allowed greater accuracy. The gun will shoot right where you aim which is nice. Shortening the barrel would help increase your velocity and accuracy. I wasn't terribly impressed with the accuracy from the full length barrel, too much vertical stringing (probably velocity variation). If you need anything done on it let me know, if you need a stock refinished or the barrel shortened let me know, I'll take care of it at no charge, just pay the shipping costs (consider it a GB membership perk[:D])

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Options
    vanhvanh Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the help, and i certainly appreciate the offer on the metalwork. i am a fair hand when it comes to refinishing a stock, but, i am not a machinist. i should have the rifle sometime this coming week, i will give it a good cleaning, make sure everlything is tight, and put a bunch of rounds through it. once i see how it holds on paper i will know what to do. thanks again.

gary stahl
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Good luck[:D]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN