In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 17 Value

Michael D. HenryMichael D. Henry Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a Glock 17 with all box and papers I bought new back in April of 1993-less than a 100 rounds and like new condition-I think its 1st generation-what is someting like this worth

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Model 17 (pre-ban w/ 2-17rd magazines)
    2nd Generation Mfg 5/93
    Excellent Condition (98%)
    33 rounds fired through it
    Original Box, Cleaning Kit, Speed Loader, and Manual
    Pachmayr grip
    This gun is like brand new, it has never even been cleaned or lubricated.

Thank you very much, Mike Henry
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the mags are worth at least $50 each, $450 ought to be a pretty good buy.

My humble 2-cents worth,
    Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike, Welcome to the forum..... Actually the gun is not a pre-ban, the mags are.
    New Glocks are selling for 450 to 500 range. With the 2 hi-cap mags, its worth probably 550+ bucks.
    I was at a firearms auction a couple days ago, and an almost new Glock 17 that was owned by Michael Wayne (John Wayne's son) went for about 350 bucks. The bidder got a great deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    prism133prism133 Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mike the ban officially started september 13,1994 .so if your glock was made before that date, your glock is pre-ban.
    and generally run from 350.00 to about 525.00 .however if you go by the books your gun is worth about 450.00, without the high cap mags