In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brown Bear ammo

gmayesgmayes Member Posts: 415 ✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone out there shot the 7.62x51 Brown Bear ammo? How does it compare with other surplus ammo? Any problems with the steel cases. I'm not interested in reports on other calibers, just the 308/7.62x51.

Comments

• gmayesgmayes Member Posts: 415 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANYBODY SHOT ANY OF THIS STUFF?LOOKING TOO FIND SOME CHEAP PLINKING AMMO FOR MY MARLIN CAMP 9 .WILL THIS FUNCTION OK IN MY GUN?THANKS IN ADVANCE
    KEEP ON BANGIN BOYS
    DON
    edited November -1
    Has anyone ever tried this ammo? I have bought some 7.62x39 and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. If anyone has had any experience with brown bear please let me know how it does. Thanks
  • Artic wolfArtic wolf Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought some Brown Bear 7.63x39 for my sks. The findings were that it did very well much better then wolf ammo. No missfires happend were one or two shells would missfire out of a box of wolf ammo.[:)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks Artic wolf....
    Almost a year later I get a reply to this post...WOW.

G. Mayes/// Part Time FFL Dealer/No expert on guns by any means just a Gun Loving Nut
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    [:D]Nice to see some look through all that ..back stuff!I've used,no prob. L.H.
  • madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW, I just noticed your post a year later!
    I've found that both Wolf and Brown Bear to be very similar and both Russian made, I've never had problems with either in my AK

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun has!