In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7X57 ammo!!!

andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
ive been looking for 7mm mauser ammunition and its very hard to find. the ammo that i believe i will need is easy to find but i would like to expirement with different brands and velocities. would it be cheaper to find and buy, or invest into a reloading machine? if i was to use a reloading machine would the bullets be more accurate?

thanks
andrew

one shot, one kill

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blasting ammo (mil-surp) is fairly inexpensive, but hunting ammo is a litte more dificult (exp if you want to try different bullets).
    So, Yes, you need to get into reloading. Accuracy with reloads is operator (you) dependent. The more consistant you are and how close you match what your rifle prefers will control how accurate it is.

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there are no less than 10 current "big" manufacturers of 7MM MAUSER commercial ammunition. i have at least 3 scources for mil-spec, mil-surplus ammunition.

we stock WINCHESTER 145 GR. POWER POINT in 20 round boxs, and FABRIQUE NATIONALE surplus in 100 round boxs, and 2 differant NORMA offerings.

i own 2 differant 7mm mauser rifles, and its a pleaseant round to shot. if you cannot locate it elsewere, email me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com and i will try to assist you. most major distributors stock this ammo (ie cheaper than dirt) and its cheap and plentiful.

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Andy,

Check with www.sportsmansguide.com.

They had a lot of 7mm Mauser in earlier this month. Very good price. This is a great place to buy ammo and is cheaper than most for blasting ammo and some quality ammo. I purchase almost all my ammo from them now.

Regards,

Heavyiron[8D]
  • Options
    andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys for all the info[8D]

one shot, one kill
  • Options
    bnailonbnailon Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7x57 (7 mm Mauser) ammo can be found at outdoorsuperstore.com in shooting supplies. Federal Premium, stock Remington (140 grain loads)are available. Our local Academy also carries it. I bought a 7mm Mauser for my two pre-teen sons some time back at a local gun show. They love it. Good luck.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    I have 10 boxes for sale here on GB.Here's a link

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22607062

I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.