In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W CS9

TylerDTylerD Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
Attempting to find a compact, manageable weapon for my wife with a safety/decocker.

S&W CS9: pros? Cons? issues? experiences?

Comments

• Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome TylerD,
    If your wife is an experienced shooter, I would recommend a Sig P239 in .40 S&W. It is a very nice piece for around $600.

If she is new to shooting I would recommend a Taurus .22 or .22mag revolver with a 2" or 4" barrel. I always like to keep it simple for beginners.
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE!!![:)]

"There are those who make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say, what happend?"

AC Tactical
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would agree with HKman on the SIG P 239. This is the model I have on my CCW, and is the model I purchased for my 18 yr Daughter.She has been shooting since age 4 and has fired every type pistol in my collection......this is by far her favorite!!! I love Smith and Wessons but not nearly as much as SIGs.

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    A quality firearm and a great teacher. One that feels comfortable in her hand would be nice. Carry I collect S&Ws and have a CS9 and CS40 my girlfriend doesn't like either one. She did like my Glock 26 very well either. In the end her choice Springfield XD-9.

tobefree
    My 1st Shot was a bullseye on Gerber baby food lid at 20 ft using a Colt Woodsman. I was age 5. Been driving nails ever since. Thanks Dad, you were the best teacher I ever had.