In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington "Fine-Line Engraving" No More????

FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
Has Remington discontinued the "fine-line engraving" on their guns, particularly the models 7400 & 7600. I have ordered a 7400 and was really hoping for the engraving, but I just looked at Remington's website and the photos of the 7400 & 7600 do not show engraving and it isn't mentioned in the description any more. I'm not going to be happy if it shows up plain considering most of the pictures and descriptions around are still showing the engraving.

Comments

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, since no one seemed to know off hand here, I went on and called Remington. They advised that they discontinued the engraving for 2004 and don't plan on bringing it back in 2005. When I asked why it was discontinued they told me that it was due to customer demand. Don't know if I buy that. I'd say a more likely scenerio is that they wanted to keep a little more $$ and so eliminated the engraving without reducing the cost of the gun. Oh Well.