In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 10-22, BMF Activator, Magazines for

jjnelsonjjnelson Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a BMF activator for my ruger 10-22 but have not tried it. Does anyone know if these are reliable, fun, or worth the money (BMF Activator). I am wondering if the gun will be reliable enough to work without jamming. Also is the ramline 25 round single stack a good magazine? Which high cap mag would you recommend? Thanks much

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both the BMF activator, and some 25 rnd ramline mags.
    They work very well together. You can empty the 25 shots real fast with the activator. I would stick with either Federal, CCI, or Remington ammo with copper plated bullets, not the plain lead ones.
    Ruger 10-22's are very reliable right out of the box. The Ramline mags are very reliable also. They are a good match-up.
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've had nothing but problems with federal ammo, i would stick with remington ammo and you should have no probs. good luck, and be safe. cody
  • Options
    marksz71marksz71 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had to stop using federal in all three of my 10-22. The jammed like crazy...I switched back to remington..(which were less accurate) and now it feeds flawlessly. Who knows...[?]

MEW
  • Options
    gunguy30_06gunguy30_06 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had the same deal with federal ammo as well, both in my 10/22 and my MKII. Remington is all i buy now.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Funny. Back in the late 50's-early 60's Federal .22 ammo was cheap, 2nd class ammo. From reading these posts it appears it still is.

I am surprised though. Anybody know if the larger calibers made by Federal are any good?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love Federals brass and hook it at the range any chance I get. Their premium ammo is very good, and I have seen the terminal effects over the last week as all manner of guys are now bringing in recovered bullets and have pictures of their deer...looks like the stuff is getting the job done!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)