In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W Baby Russian Value?

rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a nice Baby Russian, nickel, black S&W grips, about 97%, totally original
and un-messed-with. I have Flayderman's latest book but does anyone know what a
realistic value is? Need info re possible trade. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a touchy subject and will raise all manenr of issues as we don't have pictures too, but if it is in the condition you describe inside and out, I would assume realistically if you wanted to work a trade...around $1200. Without further info, I couldn't do much better than that.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best thing about trades,both are happy.Worst thing is when a third party voices his opinion.Then somebody is going to be hurt.If it is a trade you feel you will come out on,DO IT.If not,DON'T DO IT. Accessing dollar amounts for both items in a trade is near impossible.SOoo if it feels good do it.

BILL
    KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY.BUT NOT HOT.....single action S&Ws are keepers
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the $ figure and the philosophy. Gives rise to the thought that if a third part opinion is to be avoided we might as well shut down most of this forum. Other party appraises my gun at $600 on a trade for a S&W first model double action .44 Russian caliber in about 50% condition he values at $900. I think its more like an even swap. Thanks again.