In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

L.C. Smith Stock Source?

HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
I need a replacement stock for an L C Smith 12 guage. Any suggestions as to how to find an original or replacement stock? TIA

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Herschel...

Even if you could find a nice condition "original" stock, it most likely would not fit up properly to your gun. Replacement stocks are usually semi inletted, and require a fair amount of fitting and finish to make them look good. If I were so inclined to spend the money on an L.C. Smith, I would look for a skilled stockmaker, and then pay him to due to work.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.boydboys.com/BrowseEbus/ShotgunOUlcsmith.asp
    Boyds can fit your action to the wood too.

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob Jones
    rob@gunville.com
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    If you are going to use a repo Boyd's stock are oh so sweet. It took me a couple of years to find an original stock that suited me for a rem 510 that I have. I have to admit that I was a little picky on this one and have more in the gun than I could ever get out of it, But then I ain't selling , I love that rifle. Good originals can get Quite expensive.
    Boyd's prices seem pretty fair to me as well.

tobefree
    My 1st Shot was a bullseye on Gerber baby food lid at 20 ft using a Colt Woodsman. I was age 5. Been driving nails ever since. Thanks Dad, you were the best teacher I ever had.
  • Options
    01DUSE01DUSE Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://lcsmith.org/

Men, like bullets, go farthest when they are smoothest.