In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Zeiss Warranty?

HUNTER30HUNTER30 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
Hi, I'm going to send a scope back to Zeiss & was wondering if anybody has any experience dealing with this companys warranty? Good or bad? Thanks...Hunter30

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I have 3 Zeiss scopes, the oldest nearly 20 years, the newest about 10. Haven't had occasion to use the warrantee because I've had no problems with them. What's the problem with yours?
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My scopes and binoculars came with 30 year warrantees. I've had them for around 20 years now.
  • Options
    Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have a very good warranty from what I have heard. I talked to 2 different dealers who are both extremely honest (both sell scopes other than Zeiss) and both said Zeiss is great with honoring the warranty (lifetime transferable). The one told me "just send it in and they will give you a new one" which is nice if that is the case.

I just sold my Zeiss Conquest and I was talked out of going to another Zeiss scope by the guys on the forum. I will now be trying the Burris Signature instead.

Mad Dog
  • Options
    HUNTER30HUNTER30 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 Zeiss scopes & all was bought new. I have 1 VM/V 2.5-10X50 & 1 Conquest 3.5-10X44 & both are outstanding scopes & i have had no problems with them. The one i'm talking about is a VM/V 3-12X56. When it is set on 3 there is a halo around the complete objective,when you turn-up the power it is gone. Second is when you start turning up the power it is blurry. I cannot get a clear crisp picture with it. I have tried everything the book says to do with no results. Comparing the 3-12 with the other 2 tells me something is wrong. I was just wondering how Zeiss customer service is. Thanks...Hunter
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just love these warranty questions as most people don't read the whole warranty. Makers count on that.

Warranty on Zeiss on older& some newer models was 30 years.
    Note it's not a "Full warranty".
    First 5 was both Parts & Labor. Remaining was parts only.

Hunter30,
    Problems can be:
    1. Scope isn't adjusted correctly for Occular.
    2. External Parallax (prefer Range Focus)is not set right.
    3. Internally, objective or zoom tube cam off.

#1, & #2 are user resolutions easily solved, not warranty

Happy Bullet Holes!