In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interarms Mark X 375 H&H

DeishuAKDeishuAK Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
I recently picked up a like new (age unknown) Interarms Mark X 375 H&H topped with a 1.75-5X Burris for $500. It's not the Whitworth Express model although it's basically built like it minus the express sights and barrel swivel stud. It has a wooden Monte Carlo stock, plus the double recoil lugs. Like the Whitworth, it's built by Zastava. I'm just curious as to which Mark X species my rifle is. Anybody out there have a Mark X in 375 that's not a Whitworth? Any info on what this Mark X 375 is would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same model rifle. It's the Mark X Alaskan. Mine I bought new over 20 years ago & probably put about 20 rounds through it.Still have it if anyone is interested I'll list it for auction.
  • Options
    DeishuAKDeishuAK Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Czechmate,
    I've learned that my rifle was originally bought around '83 or '84, making it roughly about the age of yours. I understand the Alaskan was made with a synthetic stock, and will assume yours is such. Why haven't you used it? Here in Alaska we typically carry large caliber rifles even when hunting Sitka blacktails or black bear because of the ever present brown bear. I just took 4 blacktails on Chichagof Island with my 338 Win Mag in Nov. Too much for the deer maybe, but never too much for the brownies. The 375 is just as popular and necessary. I'll definitely want to get a synthetic stock for it at some point and convert it over to an "Alaskan" because of our almost constant harsh conditions. Just out of curiosity what are you thinking of asking for yours?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Czechmate, E-Mail Sent.
  • Options
    CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The original Alaskans were made with wood stocks & mine is that model. I didn't use it for the same reason as the other guns that I bought & never used. I thought I needed it. A friend of mine just asked about it the other day. He probably thinks he needs it too.
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have such a rifle also and it has a wooden stock. I'm reasonably sure it is all original but I bought it used. A really nice rifle.

J. Patrick Tatum