In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage 114 american classic scope mounts

houndsman1houndsman1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a 2005 savage 114 american classic 270 long action W/accutrigger. I want to mount a leupold vxII 3x9x50mm scope on it. I have heard poor reports about leupolds mounting system for this gun. Does anyone have experience with mounting this scope on this rifle? Any help with this would be great.

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a Leupold's two piece on my Savage 12 BVSS - probably bought it around 2005 also. You're talking about the standard windage rear/turn in front, correct? Never had a problem.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two 14's and a 114 Savage. All have Leupold 2-piece bases. No problems with the scopes I'm using. If you're going to use the big scope with the notch in the bottom of the objective cell, you probably are not going to be able to use the turn-in feature. Remember, too, that the older Savage rifles have a flat receiver bridge so be sure to get the correct rear base for your round bridge.
  • Options
    houndsman1houndsman1 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your help with the base and ring question. I just ordered the leupold 2 pc from midway.