In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Yugo 9 mm ammo value?

yugo1150yugo1150 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I've got a chance to purchase a full wooden case (2700 rounds) of 9 mm yugo ammo. All rounds are still in their individual 25 round boxes.
Head stamp 11 over 50, double stars left and right.
Can anyone give me an idea what this might be worth. I'm eager to purchase but don't want to get taken.
Thanks,
T

Comments

• ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This would be somewhat old ammo and the "50" is probably the year of mfg. It would no doubt have corrosive primers as well. I would think it would be worth about $100.00/1000.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I shot some of this up. It has somewhat hard primers, and is corrosive, berdan primed.

$100-140/1000 is probably in the ballpark for price.

If you have a subgun it should be good ammo, don't waste your time with it in a pistol.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on what the previous posters have told you. Years ago there was a lot of this stuff around from Interarms. Nothing but aggravation when trying to shoot it in a pistol, because of the hard primers. Unless you have a sub or can sell it to somebody who has one, don't waste your time and money.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with all of the above.

Non-reloadable, old ammo with hard and corrosive primers. If you think you want this for a pistol, I would DEFINITELY try to test some before buying it. (Maybe the seller could let you have a test box for a few bucks).

For pricing, consider that steel case non-corrosive 9mm luger is currently available at $0.20 per round in quantity.

Also consider that similar surplus non-reloadable corrosive ammo in 7.62x25 currently runs about $0.10-$0.15 per round (and will run in pistols)

So I agree with richbug that $0.10-$0.14 per round is probably a fair ballpark price considering the quantity you'd be buying. (Case itself could be worth a few bucks if its "cool" looking and in good shape).

Figure $300 is a reasonable offer for the lot, with maybe $400 as a reasonable maximum.
  • yugo1150yugo1150 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yugo1150
    I've got a chance to purchase a full wooden case (2700 rounds) of 9 mm yugo ammo. All rounds are still in their individual 25 round boxes.
    Head stamp 11 over 50, double stars left and right.
    Can anyone give me an idea what this might be worth. I'm eager to purchase but don't want to get taken.
    Thanks,
    T
  • yugo1150yugo1150 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for your tips.
    Purchased the whole lot for $55.00.
    Test fired a round today in my glock no problem. Also have a friend with a Sten so I'll ask him if he wants some of it.
    T
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Test fired a round today in my glock no problem. Also have a friend with a Sten so I'll ask him if he wants some of it.
    T

If it works in a Glock, it might not be the same stuff that Interarms was selling then. Your lucky I've had problems with my Glocks recently reloading with insensitive primers. I try to only use Federal primers if I can get them.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T

At under $0.03 you paid less for it than the current price of bulk-packed .22LR ammo.

EG, you "stole" it. [;)] Congrats.

Don't forget to clean your Glock thoroughly after firing it. You don't want a problem with corrosion.