In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help with shipping from NV to AK

jskinelsjskinels Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
We are moving from NV to AK and wanted to see if anyone knew how we would go about shipping our guns?? Thank you!

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know when just shipping one gun the USPS is cheaper out to AK, then Fedex or UPS. If you have a large shipment just check the websites and you can get the rates.
  • 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    If you already have a place and an address just ship them to yourself or addressed to yourself in care of a local friend. He must hold the package unopened for you.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 41 nut
    If you already have a place and an address just ship them to yourself or addressed to yourself in care of a local friend. He must hold the package unopened for you.

+1 easiest to do.

Moving Co. may be driving thru Canada, so the rifles would be OK but the handguns not OK...

If you are flying, and have airline approved locking cases for 'em you can just bring them as checked baggage.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shipped mine to Boondocks in Eagle River AK when I moved. They are some dang good people.
  • jskinelsjskinels Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 pistols, 8 rifles; thanks for the info!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shipped to self in care of. Rifles can be mailed, pistols are not mailable except between dealers and mfgrs. Where in AK? PS If a moving company is moving you, you CAN wrap arms, notify moving company (legal requirement of ATF) let them move them for you.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can fedex them to yourself as well. When I worked at the gun shop our manufacturer reps would fedex a Pelican Case full of hanguns to themselves at our shop for our manufacturer shoots.