In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

22 Pistol

nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Just wanted to thank you gentlemen for your opinions and advice.

It would seem that the Ruger and Buck Mark lead the way. I happen to like the Browning a bit better, but both guns are excellent.

Thank you all again.

Comments

• nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Hey can anyone help me out? I was given a 22 pistol and am not sure how old or the make or what 22 rounds you can fire in it. It has the following on the top -L.J. target sealed 8 LJ.A. & C.WKS Fitchburg Mass. USA- Has a square button on the back side and inside the trigger guard, not sure what for, but it does move when you pull the hammer back. Loads like a single action but it is a double action, only way I see to unload it would be to remove the cylinder. I would appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks

j
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Hi all, This is my first post. I recently traded for a american arms P96 semi-auto pistol. It looks just like a P38 and is in very good condition and shoots like a charm. Does anyone know of this gun and the value? I traded a sporterized 1903 springfield rifle for it. All help appreciated. Thanks Blake
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Ruger 22 auto pistols myself.The design is 60 years old and works.Factory parts are cheap and easy to get.Ruger 22 autos have more aftermarket parts than any other gun except Colt 1911 pattern pistols.Many Ruger models to choose from and they are not hard to work on if you have any mechanical skills at all.Most people don't read the owners manual to find out how to take them apart and put back together.Barrels come in many sizes and shapes.Lots of different sights.Blued,stainless,or plastic frames.Several grip frame shapes to suit everyone.Many people like pistols like High Standard or Colt Woodsman pistols which is fine, but they do cost more money and parts for some models are hard and expensive to come by.Go to a shooting range that rents guns and shoot a few different models before you buy.Good luck on your quest.

EvilDr235
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    earlier browning 22 pistol had inset serrations that made it harder to grasp & cock for older farts with itis than the ruger with wings on the side of the slide..newer buck marks have a bump?? on the sides to grasp...have had several of both brands & functioned great with the exception of the ruger 22/45 polymer frame combo which i could never get to work right ...all steel rugers worked fine for me