In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W K22 6"

stickyrickstickyrick Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
This one's been at the back of the safe for 25+ years. Looks like a new one in quality and I remember I paid 450-500 back then. Insurance wants an updated list. (so they can charge me more).
Ser # K 111XXX, and something about a cockeyed hammer. Looks like it is tilted a bit more than what pictures I've seen. Almost would say unfired or darn close. No box or papers though. Thanks in advance for any help[8D].

Comments

• SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun should be a pre 17 made in 1951. It would have the old style hammer. It would be a 5 screw. If the grips number to the gun and it is indeed in 100% condition or "as new" it would run in the 700.00 to 1,000.00 range depending on your region. The box would certainly help.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pistol might be a KING cockeyed hammer. I think the $700.00 is possible but $1000,00 will be a stretch . The reason is that revolvers have lost favor with target shooters in the last 20 years or so. and many that still do shoot them like the FULL LUG barrel type and SS is also in favor with more then 6 shots