In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

my xdm 40 is jamming(update)

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,228 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
well got the pistol back from SA on tuesday. got to take it to the range today and give it a workout. the invoice SA sent back with it said they recut the feed ramp and tuned the extractor.

the pistol does not like the fiocchi nickle plated hp ammo. still wouldnt feed them reliably. but with the factiory reloads from georgia arms and the new in box 180gr fmj fn ammo i hade one jam up out of i think i put 6 mags through it. while still a fail to feed it is a definate improvement. could it be it just need some break in time now? i ned to practice with it A LOT more anyways. scared the hell out of a steel target at 50yds but missed more then i hit. thanks for all the input/help everyone

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a new pistol, it should work with all commercial ammo not just certain types.

Wolff makes a flat point jacketed .40 S & W cartridge that I've had real good luck with in my Glock. They have put a synthetic coating on their steel casings that makes them function and feed OK.

Run a couple of boxes of this Wolff stuff through your XDM. If it works your OK. If not get rid of it, a personal production handgun is worthless and useless if it's not reliable.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 XD40s (service and SC, no XDM) and have had great luck with 180 gr winchester FMJs. Actually, I haven't had a problem with any of the ammo I've put through it, but winchester is normally the cheapest I can find, so it's what I shoot the most.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,228 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive got 1k rds of factory reloads that im gonne start putting through it more often to see how it does. upon insierting the mag and releasing the slide i could sometimes feel the slide comeing forward catching the rim of the case puching it up into battery and stick for half a second befor completely closing. like it took a sec for the rim to slide up under the extractor.
  • bustinstainlessbustinstainless Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had the same problem with mine
    bought it took it to the range 300 rounds no problems
    cleaned it took it back to the range jammed every shot
    gunsmith took it apart and there was a micro speck of lint in it took the lint out no more problems now i use cleaning rags that dont cause lint
  • cwi555cwi555 Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lint??? Interesting. An XD jams due to lint. Never had a jamming problem with any ammo with any of my glocks [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by bustinstainless
    i had the same problem with mine
    bought it took it to the range 300 rounds no problems
    cleaned it took it back to the range jammed every shot
    gunsmith took it apart and there was a micro speck of lint in it took the lint out no more problems now i use cleaning rags that dont cause lint