In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How does one value old leather ??

Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Reference my Vaquero post.

The revolver comes with an old worn, but in good shape, single right-hand, hand tooled cowboy rig.

How the heck is this sort of thing valued ??

Thank you.

Doug

Comments

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what is the make of the gunleather? if it is not a well known maker it isn't worth very much. i see boxes of old leather selling for around20-30 bucks on local auctions.
  • haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Leather seems to go for a lot of money when new, because people purchase it for a particular gun and purpose. Something that goes for a couple of hundred dollars new may go for $25-30 used, even if it is in like new condition.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is a seller here 'lunker1999' at salina, ks northeast of me that deals in holsters, scabbards, etc that could give you a run down ...bet he is an expert.....
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doug,

I have been thinking about that deal with the SS Ruger Vaquero in 45LC/45ACP you were talking about. Don't hesitate any longer. See if he will take 600.00 even for it, if not give him the 620.00. Its a good deal, with everything involved.

Best
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    As I said, the dealer has already committed it to an older gentleman, (even older than I[:0]) who owes them money on another deal. He is very ill, and they don't want to make him feel bad. I told them that if he dies without making good on his debt, I'd cover them.

It may take awhile, but I'm pretty sure I'll get it.

Thank you.

Doug
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the holster is an old Heiser or SD Myers etc then they can still bring in big bucks. Just check the auction side and you will see what I mean.