In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem. model 10 trench gun clone

simeon northsimeon north Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Greetings fellow collectors and sellers.
Looking for a little guidance on a firearm I want to list. Many years ago I had a civilian Remington model 10 converted to a trench gun replica to fill that hole in my trench gun collection. I call it "the clone". This year I had the good fortune to purchase an original issue model 10 so I no longer have need for "the clone".
I want to list "the clone" on Gunbroker but I am uncertain about a few things. One is the C&R status of this firearm. By mfg. date it qualifies but I don't know if the alterations change that. Also of the trench guns I've seen offered on Gunbroker I've never seen one that included the bayonet so I am wondering if that is a problem or if I can let the bayo go along for the ride. And the last thing is shipping to certain states.
I know certain states restrict certain firearms so how would I know where this firearm can be shipped and is it still OK to list it if I include an exclusion to ship to states where it may not be legal? Input from regular sellers would be welcome as I only list a firearm when my collection needs change. Post a reply or feel free to email me at dhryan_1@yahoo.com with any advice you may have to offer. Thanking you all in advance for any help you may have for a novice seller.

Comments

• givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    1. You'll have to mention that it's a non-original firearm, or risk returns if you don't.
    2. As non-original you must ship to 01 FFL.
    3. You will be using photos in the auction, so others can see the 'cloning' workmanship for themselves..so why not do the photo work first, get back to us with the very same photos you will be using in the auction, and allow us to give you an eval on price?
    4. Quick solution: Start the auction at $1 with no reserve, and let the market determine the price, or check closed sold auctions to see what they have been getting. Best, Joe
    EDIT-Info Added
    I forgot about the bayonet. No regs preventing shipment. Your call if you want to 'sweeten' the deal with it.
    The regs for other states: If it's legal to have as a long-gun (per ATF), then you can ship it to an 01 FFL in any state. State in your auction that it's the buyers responsibility to insure that the gun is OK in his/her state, if you're nervous about all this. Best again, Joe
  • simeon northsimeon north Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Joe. I'll get the photos in daylight and repost with them included.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by simeon north
    Thank you Joe. I'll get the photos in daylight and repost with them included.

Yay! Daylight! You know your stuff! (Don't forget to do so in open shade, not direct sunlight) Best, again, again, Joe