In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

rifle slings

Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Looking for a place to buy the "old" style leather rifle slings for my model 88's/100 Winchester.
Thanks

Comments

• Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    where could i find a military styled nylon sling for a m1a? also where could i find a similar sling that fits on the studs on my 10/22?
    edited November -1
    I posted this question on the general forum earlier, but no responses.

I am looking for a good sling for my lever rifle, however I really don't want to mount swivels into the stock. Any advise ?

Thanks in advance
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen slings for black powder rifles that use a leather boot for the butt stock and a loop around the barrel. I have never seen something similar for a lever gun, but perhaps you could modify one to fit. I will go see if I can find one.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one that I think was marketed as a shotgun sling. It has a slot at each so the sling feeds thru itself forming a noose if you will. you can put it around the barrel or magtube only if there's room to go between tube and barrel. the other end goes around the small part of rear stock just behind where you grip it. It works well enough and is easily removed.
    edited November -1
    Thanks all, think I can find what I'm looking for here.
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We dont recommend any slings to customers that do not use swivels and studs on your butt stock , they are EXTREMELY dangerous ..