In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

will this scope be OK??n

dgrm125dgrm125 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I cannot see paying more for a scope then the gun so I am wondering if a Old Scope w/N2 Mount,WEAVER G4 U.S.A. will work on my gun. I am not sure but I think the local club matches are without a scope. I spent half the day yesterday just trying to figure out how to use the sights on the gun, (rear flip up)Had no idea where the shots were going. Getting it close but still needs work. At least it is hitting the target now.

So my ? is will this scope work well?? I wanted something old not new. The gun is a 1939 Winchester 52. If you have something better laying around please let me know.

Thanks
DGRM125

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't waste your time on that old 3/4" weaver, it's probably 60 years old. Your pre war Model 52 could be potentially very valuable if it's factory original. Don't be drilling any scope mount holes in it! Most .22 rifle matches are fired with iron sights anyway. If your Model 52 is factory original and in at least Very Good cosmetic condition, you would be able to trade it straight across for the best .22 target rifle made.
  • dgrm125dgrm125 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am told it was in original condition but it has a set trigger added, Nasty little thing, I am not sure I like it or not yet. Someone else said it may have a "B" stock on it? I wanted to just have a good shooting target rifle for a league that is running around here. And the little flip up sight it a chore to setup when you never seen one before. I am figuring it out though, Slow but getting there. I am just worried about that last little bit to make it shoot perfect. Maybe after 500 rounds I will get it close [;)]

I was also told that this was an early model as it has no markings but the serial number. #27720

DGRM125