In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning hi power

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Ran across a Belgium stainless Hi Power today.Only one I have ever seen. Can any one tell me any info on this Hi power and value.

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at a HI Power at my local gun shop in .40 that has some sort of a nickel finish and has pachmayer grips which look to be factory. When I look HI Powers up in the Blue book for a description it seems that there are two different styles of nickel HI Powers. One refers to them having a gold trigger and the other refers to Walnut grips as well as different finishes. The gun that I am looking at has the made in Belgium stamped on it. Below are the only two that I can find on GB to compare it to. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks in advance.

Todd
    http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=142191059
    http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=141977155
    edited November -1
    Hi, i bought a browning hi power pistol, 9mm, shiny chrome w/gold detail, black p grips, can anyone tell me what it might be worth?
    edited November -1
    I've never seen this specifically addressed so asking the experts:

What is an acceptable way to carry a Hi Power? (I'm not asking for the ultimate/safest way since now a days no one can agree on "cocked and locked" for a 1911. Empty would be safest UNLESS you need to defend yourself).

For example, was the Hi Power made to carry with a round in the chamber and safety on, hammer in the first notch in order to apply the safety?

I didn't ask the company figuring they might hedge their answer for liability reasons.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Any feedback appreciated
    edited November -1
    Hello, I have a browning hi power that was purchased by my father and given to me. I checked the numbers and it was made and bought in 1980. It is nickel plated with the standard grips(I think they are called challengers). Anyway, I love the gun and was just wondering how much it would be worth ballpark range. Thanks for the help,Jason
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning Hi Power made in Belgium stamped with the Buenos Aires Police logo on top of slide and Policia Prov. BS Aires - 61 on the frame. Serial Number is 0636X on barrel, slide and frame and it has internal extractor with round hammer. Wood grips with thick brown laquered finish and painted red on the inside. About 70% dull blue finish with one original mag. I would like to know when it was made and if it is worth anything more than an old shooter. Has excellent bore. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I recently bought a Browning Hi Power and it was advertised as "red inside".I disassembled it an all that was "red inside" was the grips.what does that mean?
    edited November -1
    Hello, I have a Browning Hi power with factory adj. sights. It is marked made in Belgium on the slide and is 9mm. the serial # 72c41xxx. I would like to know from anyone out there if they would know the year it was made and the value. The gun is in 99% and only fired 250 rounds. The gun had an old Browning gun rug that is in very good condition and a manual. I plan on taking the pistol to the OGCA show in OHIO this weekend.
    edited November -1
    I've always liked the look and feel of the Hi Power and i'm considering one from an estate.It is a series "T" and has been nicely reblued to a deep blue/black and the bolt and trigger jeweled.I realize that really affects the value but I'm not interested from a collector standpoint but to keep as a shooter.The price is 425.00 with 2 magazines.Any thoughts on price? Also what is the main difference in a "T" series and the other Hi Powers? I noticed a premium on these pistols on Gunbroker but the value books don't mention the difference Thanks in advance.
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1