In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just got my C&R a few weeks ago

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Was I supposed to get any bound books or other paperwork with my license?

Comments

• fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no you have to buy those yourself..so what havwe ya bought????
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Ford said, Feds do not provide you with a bound volume. You can order one from Brownell's- mine is a simple stitched ledger book, with columns drawn in and labeled, and divided in acquistions and dispositions, You will probably get another packet with a CD of state firearm laws, etc.

PS- Do NOT sign your original license- make xerox copies, and sign a COPY when buying. Also send a copy to the firearm wholesalers and aprts companies- most give a discount to 03 FFLs.
  • KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought my books right here on Gunbroker auctions.
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Your bound book you will need to get yourself, Brownells has them, $4 I think.

You SHOULD have gotten papers and sevral ATF books with the license. I say should have because I didn't get any either. My local ATF agent brough some with him when he came to explain the paperwork to me and answer my questions.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I got mine several years back they sent me copies of the Federal Firearms regulations and the state regulations. I think they may be using cd's now instead of real books.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got new books for 2009. Also use the Brownell's bound book, a lot easier than drawing lines on paper for me. I also customized Excell pages to keep a separate page of info on each firearm I own, including scopes, mounts etc, after market grips, trigger jobs and so on.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone have a link to this book?
  • OLAKOLAK Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My C&R arrived last month, it stated that I would recieve a packet within ten days, it never came. I called yesterday and they are sending one now.