In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem 770 vs Rem 715 vs Savage 30-06, 308

TCard5TCard5 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Looking to purchase a new rifle in either 30-06 or 308 for deer hunting, debating on the 770 or 715 as I want to stay under $500

Comments

• wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only advice i can give is go with what feels best to you. You look at the rem 770, you think wow a remington for around 350-400 what a deal. I went through this myself, however after checking one out, i passed, and i beleive most people here will tell you to pass. There are many options out there in your $500 range so just check around and pick the rifle that you enjoy most.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SAVAGE!!!! Easy question!!!
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage hands down! [;)] Has been and still is the best bang for the buck IMO.

Remington seems to struggle with making a budget oriented rifle. They had a ton of problems with their model 710 and well their 770 is a little better, it still has many flaws.

Jon
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi TCard5,

Welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker.

I will further the advice of those before me. The Savage is the way to go with the Accu-trigger. If you get a package gun that has a scope, you can count on the scope as being worthless, and should count on replacing it with something Like a Burris Fullfield II in the 3-9x40 power range. This is to get the best performance from your rifle, and give you a dependable scope. As for the rifle itself, the Stevens 200 is a Savage without the Accu-trigger. Hope this helps.

Best