In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1911?

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a ceiner 22 conversion. I was looking for a complete frame to put it on. I seen in the gun list The Dealer Warehouse had one I like on sale for $189.95. The only thing is they are saying it's a mid size. I don't know what this means for sure. I'm thinking like a commander size with a 4inch barrel? any way would this frame work for me?

Thanks

Comments

• D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    What other calibers can a 1911 A1 45acp be changed to by just replacing the barrel/mag? I know the 400 corbon but anything else?
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .38-45 Clerke
    .41 Avenger.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Hawk has given a very good reply . depending on what you want to do you can shoot some other projectiles I have a barrel and inserts that shoot 22long rifle rimfire and then also 2 units that use the 45acp barrel but with an insert barrel and inserts that shoot 22 Short and another unit that uses a insert barrel and will shoot 177 Pellets.. Buy changing the ejector and slide along with barrels you can then shoot many more calibers 38 Special 38AMU 9MMLuger 30Luger 40 S&W 10MM.
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was it Pachmayr that made a .308 unit that rode atop the 1911 frame. Never actually saw one and if I had I doubt I'd have wanted to touch off a round.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey RCosby I had one of those Pachmayr "DOMINATORS" in 308 it was a HAND FULL pun intended my little finger and ring finger would go numb after 2 shots of full house 308. I also had a sigle shot tip up action made by Springfield in 223. The 1911 Grip design is great for a 45ACP but NOT for anything with much more recoil[:o)][:I]