In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

box of 41 swiss-any help

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
i have an older military box of 41 swiss that im gonna list on auction. i dont know anything about it. i am hoping some of you can help me. about how old is this, what country would have used this? about what is it worth? here are a couple of pictures:

DSCF0395.JPG

DSCF0394.JPG

Comments

• iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Just saw a post about rifles using this last night.. .forget where though.

Ammo was last made in the 50s, but there is now a kit to convert to a centerfire and use brass from a different old/obsolete caliber to make 41 swiss cf ammo...
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    made in italy by leon beaux and co. milano italy they made ammo during the war and also commercial sporting cart..the 41 swiss was loaded in the US before the war but after was never made here again after the war.it was for the swiss vetterli rifle 1880-1870 models 41 rimfire..ammo worth about 4-5 bucks a round..it's not made any more..most guns have been converted to center fire to use machined 41 brass