In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who made this sight??

dgrm125dgrm125 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to figure out the maker of this sight.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks
DGRM125

sightdisk.jpg

Comments

• RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DGRM125,
    Looks REdfield to me, but that's just a fuzzy recollection from my high school competition days. Just a guess for you until someone who really knows something comes along.[:D]
  • HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sight pictured is a Lyman model 84A. It fits a Winchester model 75 Target. The base attaches to the receiver with two screws and a large knurled headed screw goes down from the top of the base to hold in place the part you pictured in place.
  • dgrm125dgrm125 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep!

It came off of my 1939 Model 75. But mine came with a very small disk with a good size hole. Was looking to get a bigger disk with a smaller hole. Here I am saying this and am just now leaving to go shoot it for the first time. I will bring a target back with the first 10 shots.

DGRM125
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the Lyman site, there is some contacts on there who have old parts Bill Zippadelli is here in CT and may have what you need.