In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Yugo mauser

shooteroneshooterone Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
does anyone have any info on the yugo mausres?are they worth looking at or would i be better off spending a little more and getting a k98? thanks.bob

Comments

• shooteroneshooterone Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking around for a nice Yugoslavian Mauser M48. Any one know of any dealers who carry those type of rifles?
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mitchell's Mausers has these, though I wouldn't buy one from that outfit (prices too high).

You can undoubtedly find some on the auction site.

If you can "settle" for a 24/47 rifle, see here:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7007&dir=700|701

I've done business with Widener's in the past, and they've been great.

Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) is another outfit that stocks surplus rifles
    that might have one of these, or similar surplus Mausers.

Edit, responding to below, here is the most recent Sarco Shotgun news ad. Don't see any Yugo Mausers in there (though I might have missed them in my quick glance-over). Might be worth a phone call, since their inventory and ads don't always match up.

http://www.sarcoinc.com/10-01-09_pgs1-6.pdf

Edit #2. . .I'm dyslexic today. You said SAMCO (in Miami Fl), not SARCO (in NJ). Yeah, SAMCO probably has a few Yugo mausers in stock. Maybe not M48s, but they probably have 24/47s, and I think they may even have bent bolt variants of the 24/47
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will post tomorrow on the 24/47's from Wideners. UPS is supposed to deliver mine then.
  • team roper ozzyteam roper ozzy Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go with the mid grade from samco global.....159.00 and it rocks at the range with either mil surp or modern...ps pad your sholder[:D]